Dental Cleanings & Exams
Essential Cleanings & Exams For Your Dental Health
The most common reason you will visit Appalachian Dental Care is for the twice-yearly dental cleanings and dental exams for either you or someone in your family. This is our way of making sure your teeth and mouth are healthy. And if we find any problems, we will go over all of your treatment options, the costs, and the benefits and drawbacks of those options. After all, we want you to be an active participant in your dental care. Call our Boone, NC dentist Dr. Airey at 828-355-5673 to schedule your dental cleanings Boone, NC area appointment and to check dental problems schedule your dental exams Boone, NC area appointment today.
Why Should I Get A Dental Exams?
Problems normally start small and grow big because no one is watching. You know to get those moles checked out before they grow and get worse, right? The same is true for your teeth. If you never go to the dentist and get them checked out, you could be just fine — or you could be letting a small problem get expensive and dangerous. Is it really worth the risk?
If I Brush And Floss, Why Do I Still Need Dental Cleanings?
Everyone brushes and flosses like they should, right? Unfortunately, not everyone can take care of their teeth at home like they should. But even if you brush and floss like crazy, you still don’t have the special tools and training needed to give your teeth a professional dental cleanings Boone, NC area. That’s why it’s so important to come to Appalachian Dental Care every six months. We can give you that “fresh from the dentist” clean feeling that you just cannot get at home.
What Will My First Visit To Appalachian Dental Care Be Like?
Here’s what you can expect from your first visit to have your teeth examined and cleaned.
- First, a member of our staff will welcome you and help you complete the new patient forms we need before we can start the appointment. Of course, you can always download the forms and complete them at home to save you some time.
- After the paperwork is complete, you’ll be brought back to one of our seven semi-private patient areas where our dental hygienist will gently but thoroughly clean your teeth.
- After your cleaning, we will take digital X-rays so Dr. Airey can review the images.
- Last but not least, Dr. Airey will examine your mouth, go over the results of the exams, and explain any recommended dental treatments to fix problems that came up in the exam such as dental implants, teeth whitening, or full-mouth reconstructions.
Without regular dental cleanings and dental exams, small problems like a cavity or sore gums can build up to expensive, serious treatments like extracting a tooth or oral surgery. To learn more about our dental cleanings and exams, or to schedule your next appointment, give us a call today at 828-355-5673 or use our online form.
- Anita K.VIEW MORE PATIENT TESTIMONIALS